3M™ High Performance Masking Tape 232, Tan, 24 mm x 55 m 6.3 mil, 36 per case
- Adhesion Strength: 37, 37 in-oz, 41 in-oz
- Adhesive Material: Rubber, Rubber Resin
- Backing Material: Crepe Paper
- Maximum Operating Temperature: 250
- Width: 24, 24 mm
- Brand: Scotch®, ScotchBlue™
- Color: Tan
- Length: 55, 55 m Roll
- Series: 232
- Specifications Met: ASTM D3652/D3330/D3759/D6123/D6123M-97
- Temperature Rating: 250, 250 deg F
- Tensile Strength: 27 in-lb, 30, 30 in-lb
- Thickness: 6.3, 6.3 mil
- Type: High Performance, High Performance Premium Grade
3M™ High Performance Masking Tape 232 conforms well for masking around corners and over irregular surfaces. The rubber adhesive sticks instantly and offers strong holding power that resists lifting, curling, and adhesive transfer when removing from surfaces like EDPM rubber moldings. This tape delivers superior performance as a paint masking tape for demanding applications.
The crepe paper backing tears easily, offers moderate conformability around corners and over irregular surfaces, and lifts off cleanly. The natural rubber adhesive bonds well to paper, metal, wood and painted surfaces with reliable holding power and conformability. Under normal operating conditions, 3M™ High Performance Masking Tape 232 features one piece removal without slivering.
For a similar tape that offers greater elongation and superior sliver resistance,a 3M™ High Performance Green Masking Tape 401+ is recommended.
- Paint masking
- Temporary Holding
What is Masking Tape?
Masking tape was developed specifically to help protect surrounding surfaces from overspray, provide clean paint lines, and remove easily and cleanly when finished. Masking tapes from 3M adhere well, resist solvents or water from the paint, and are strong enough to hang plastic sheeting, yet remove cleanly without damaging the subsurface. The backing, typically crepe paper, can conform to curved and irregular surfaces. The tape hand tears for tool-free application.
- Sticks immediately and resists lifting or curling for paint applications
- Conforms and maintains integrity when formed around a corner
- Crepe backing is easy to tear, resists slivering and provides one piece removal
- Manufactured without solvents for minimal environmental impact