Standard Abrasives™ Quick Change Surface Conditioning GP Disc, 840487, A/O Coarse, TR, Brown, 3 in, Die Q300V, 25/inner, 250/case
- Abrasive Material: Aluminum Oxide
- Arbor/Shank Size: No Hole
- Attachment Type: Type TR
- Brand: Standard Abrasives™
- Color: Brown
- Diameter: 3 in
- Disc Diameter: 3
- Grade: Coarse
- Maximum Speed: 18000, 18000 rpm
- Type: Quick-Change
- Warranty: Limited
General Purpose (GP) Material Offers Consistent Cut and Uniform Finish
Featuring a more compact structure of non-woven fibers than Buff & Blend products, our Standard Abrasives™ Quick Change Surface Conditioning GP Disc is engineered to provide a consistent cut-rate while producing a uniform finish. Constructed of resin-reinforced non-woven fibers, this disc resists loading and minimizes under-cutting or gouging of the workpiece.
Standard Abrasives™ GP Surface Conditioning Discs are made of a tough but flexible nylon mesh that conforms to irregularities on the workpiece. A woven fabric (scrim) embedded in the nylon structure provides additional strength and durability. This helps extend the life of the disc and allows for prolonged use on ferrous materials or steel.
Choose the Standard Abrasives™ Surface Conditioning GP Disc for use on all metal types to perform:
- Deburring: removing large and micro burrs, edge radiusing, removing die cast flashings
- Blending: removing mill marks, tool marks and mismatches; reducing uneven edges between adjoining surfaces, reorienting surface scratch patterns, creating a smooth transition from one surface profile to another
- Cleaning: removing coatings, gaskets and surface discolorations from welds or other work surfaces
The Outstanding Performance of Surface Conditioning Material
Surface conditioning products have a non-woven construction in which fiber strands, resin, and abrasive mineral form a thick, open web or mesh. The spring-like nature of the fibers responds to the part and effectively removes unwanted burrs, soils and contaminants while maintaining the geometry of the workpiece, which in turn reduces rework and boosts productivity. Gaps in the web allow heat and swarf to escape, prolonging the performance of the abrasive. Fibers in the web continually break down with use to reveal fresh mineral for exceptional consistency, increased cut performance and extended service life.
Aluminum Oxide for Metals and Composites
The disc fibers are overlaid with aluminum oxide abrasive. Aluminum oxide discs are a good match for operators who desire an all-purpose versatility and economy. The mineral cuts fast while blending and deburring and can be used for applications on ferrous and non-ferrous metals and composites.
Quick Change Discs Boost Productivity
Quick change discs allow tool-free swap outs, maintain secure attachment at high speeds, and save operators time when switching discs between grades or applications. Easy fastening and swapping of discs enhances tool efficiency and worker productivity. The TP system features a snap-on/snap-off nylon fastening hub. TR discs have a nylon threaded male hub that easily threads onto TR or 3M™ Roloc™ type holder pads with a turn of the wrist, and the TS system has a metal hub that fastens to its holder pad with a simple twist.
Standard Abrasives™ Quick Change GP Discs are available with TP, TR and TS attachments in disc diameters up to 4˝. Discs with 4-1/2˝ to 7˝ diameters have a TS 5/8-11 threaded hub that easily mounts to a TS 5/8-11 holder pad. We recommend using our discs together with a Standard Abrasives™ Quick Change Holder Pad to ensure optimal disc performance and to ensure that pressure is applied evenly all the way to the edge of the disc.
Quality Standard Abrasives™ Solutions for Industrial Applications
The Standard Abrasives brand has supplied quality abra
- Moderately aggressive material offers great versatility and may be used for a variety of moderate industrial applications, including cleaning and deburring
- Multi-purpose abrasive works well on ferrous and non-ferrous metals and composites, particularly on flat surfaces
- Tough non-woven fibers provide a consistent high cut rate and professional finish
- Flexible, pliable open web removes burrs and surface contaminants without gouging the substrate
- Easy fastening and swapping of quick-change discs enhances tool efficiency and worker productivity
- Consistent rate of cut
- Works especially well on flat surfaces and edges
- Most efficient on aluminum and other soft metals
- Resists loading