3M™ Scotch-Weld™ Epoxy Adhesive DP190, Gray, 400 mL Duo-Pak, 6/case
- Application Time: 90, 90 min
- Base Type: Epoxy
- Brand: Scotch-Weld™
- Color: Part A: Gray/Part B: White Cream
- Container Size: 400, 400 mL
- Container Type: Duo-Pak Cartridge
- Curing Time: 7 Days at 72 deg F
- Flammability Rating: 1
- Flash Point: Part A: >/=94 deg C/Part B: >/=248 deg C
- For Use On: ABS, Acrylic, Ceramic, EPDM Rubber, Glass, Hardboard, High Performance Nylon, Metal, PVC, Polyolefin and Thermoplastic Elastomer and Wood
- Form: Part A: Viscous Liquid /Part B: Viscous
- Functional Cure: 10
- Mixing Ratio: 0.042361111, 0.0423611111111111, 1:1
- Net Weight: Base: 11 to 11.4 lb/gal/Accelerator: 10.6 to 11 lb/gal
- Odor/Scent: Part A: Amine/Part B: Very Slight
- Setting Time: 10, 10 hr
- Shear Strength: 2500, 2500 psi
- Specific Gravity: Part A: 1.26/Part B: 1.33
- Temperature Range: 72
- Temperature Rating: 72, 72 deg F
- Tensile Strength: 3500, 3500 psi
- Type: 2-Part Part
- Viscosity Rating: Part A: 40000 to 65000 cPs/Part B: 100000 cPs
- VOC Content: 5, 5 g/L
- Work Life: 90
When using a Duo-Pak (DP) size adhesive, rely on 3M dispensing equipment for convenient and accurate metering, mixing and dispensing.
Provides Tough, Strong Bonds Through High Shear and Peel Strength
3M™ Scotch-Weld™ Epoxy Adhesive DP190 features an extended work life for adjustment and precise application, and reaches handling strength in 10 hours. It is engineered for a 1:1 mix ratio and exhibits good environmental aging properties, delivering long-term durability.
3M™ Scotch-Weld™ Epoxy Adhesive DP190-Gray has a moderately high modulus and medium viscosity. It has a 90-minute work-life and reaches full cure in 7 days at room temperature. 3M™ Scotch-Weld™ Epoxy Adhesive DP190-Gray is flammability tested per UL94 HB. It has the same base and accelerator as 3M™ Scotch-Weld™ Epoxy Adhesive 2216 Gray, but is packaged in a 1:1 Duo-Pak (2216 Gray is a 2:3 ratio product by volume).
3M™ Scotch-Weld™ Epoxy Adhesive DP190-Translucent has a moderately low modulus and low viscosity. It has an 80-minute work-life and reaches full cure in 14 days at room temperature.
- Plastic to metal bonding
- Wood to metal bonding
- Wood to plastic bonding
- Semi-flexible potting compound
Understanding Epoxy Adhesives
Epoxy adhesives are part of the class of adhesives called "structural adhesives," which include polyurethane, acrylic, cyanoacrylate and others. Epoxies are formulated as liquid reactive polymers that undergo a chemical reaction when mixed and then cure to form a solid plastic material. Once the two parts are mixed in their specified ratio, they begin the curing process and offer a limited working time where the adhesive can be applied and the two surfaces positioned as needed. This work life lasts anywhere from a few minutes to several hours. These structural adhesives provide high shear and peel strengths, depending on the formula, and better heat and chemical resistance than other common adhesives. In general, epoxy adhesives have the highest overall strength and offer the best performance and most resistance to high temperatures, solvents and outdoor weathering.
Epoxy adhesive (often referred to as epoxy glue) is widely used in building and home construction; aircraft and automobile manufacturing; bicycle, boat, golf clubs, ski and snowboard assembly as well as a host of home use and other applications. It is used virtually anywhere high-strength bonds are needed along with resistance to environmental conditions. These adhesives are popular for their ease of use, mechanical strength and chemical resistance. Formulations can be created to make epoxy for plastic flexible or epoxy for metal rigid, epoxy resin transparent or opaque, quick setting or slow setting. The versatility with which these adhesives can be formulated helps meet almost any requirement for bonding wood, metal, glass, stone and various plastics.
- Provides tough, strong bonds through high shear and peel strength
- Moderate flexibility and elongation
- Capable of bonding to a wide variety of different materials
- Delivers extended worklife, providing additional time for adjustment
- Medium viscosity and self-leveling
- UL94 HB, OSHA 29 CFR 1910.1200