3M™ Scotch-Weld™ Instant Adhesive Primer AC77, Clear, 2 fl oz Bottle, 10/case
- Brand: Scotch-Weld™
- Color: Clear
- Container Size: 2, 2 fl-oz
- Container Type: Bottle
- Curing Time: 24, 24 hr
- Flash Point: -18, -18 deg C
- Form: Liquid
- Odor/Scent: Mild Petroleum
- Setting Time: 1 to 5, 1 to 5 sec
- Specific Gravity: 0.7
- Viscosity Rating: <3, <3 cPs
- VOC Content: 689, 689 g/L
Designed for Difficult-to-Bond, Low Surface Energy Plastics
Our 3M™ Scotch-Weld™ Instant Adhesive Primer AC77 is designed for difficult-to-bond, low surface energy plastics such as polypropylene, polyethylene, and PTFE. This primer should be applied to each low surface energy substrate surface to achieve desired results.
Improves adhesion of cyanoacrylate adhesives to:
- Difficult-to-bond rigid plastic
- Polyethylene (PE)
- Polypropylene (PP)
Our 3M™ Scotch-Weld™ Instant Adhesive Primer AC77 is a low surface energy instant adhesive primer. Note: This product should be tested on substrates before use since its overspray or excess may attack certain substrates (especially some plastics) causing unsightly effects. Surface preparation and application are straightforward and can be completed as follows:
- Apply primer to all difficult-to-bond plastic surfaces
- Allow solvent to dry completely
- Promptly bond with a 3M™ Scotch-Weld™ cyanoacrylate adhesive
Understanding Instant Adhesives
Instant adhesives are cyanoacrylate based formulas that are strong, fast-acting glues used in industrial and household applications. In general, they are an acrylic resin that rapidly polymerizes in the presence of moisture, forming long, strong chains, joining the bonded surfaces together.
Cyanoacrylate adhesives should be applied thinly, with pressure put on the bond for a few seconds, to ensure that the reaction proceeds rapidly and a strong bond is formed within a reasonable time.
3M instant adhesives apply right from the container and rapidly reach handling strength at room temperature. Commonly referred to as a super hold glue, a single drop per square inch can bond many plastics, rubbers, metals, wood and more. An instant adhesive from 3M set a Guinness World Record in 2012 for the strongest glue by lifting an 8.1 metric ton forklift in the air for one hour.
Bringing Better Ideas to the Surface through Science and Innovation
In our 3M Industrial Adhesives and Tapes Division, we apply the science of adhesion to deliver innovative solutions that improve the design and manufacturing processes of companies around the world. In the end, our technologies help customers like you deliver competitive products to the market faster and more efficiently.
- Fast drying to keep jobs moving quickly
- Contains cure accelerator
- Straightforward surface preparation and easy application
- Priming, retaining, bonding, gluing, activating, treating and accelerating cure
- Suitable for structural glazing
- Improves adhesion on rigid plastics, including low surface energy materials
- OSHA 29 CFR 1910.1200