3M™ Scotch-Weld™ Epoxy Adhesive DP125, Translucent, 400 mL Duo-Pak, 6/case
- Application Time: 25
- Base Type: Epoxy
- Color: Translucent
- Container Size: 400
- Container Type: Duo-Pak Cartridge
- Curing Time: 7 Days at 72 deg F
- Flash Point: 480
- For Use On: ABS, Acrylic, Ceramic, EPDM Rubber, Glass, Hardboard, High Performance Nylon, Metal, PVC, Polyolefin and Thermoplastic Elastomer and Wood
- Form: Flowable Liquid
- Functional Cure: 2.5
- Mixing Ratio: 0.042361111, 0.0423611111111111, 1:1
- Net Weight: Base: 9.3 to 9.7 lb/gal/Accelerator: 8.4 to 8.6 lb/gal
- Odor/Scent: Slight Epoxy
- Setting Time: 2.5
- Shear Strength: 2500
- Specific Gravity: 1.08
- Temperature Range: 72
- Temperature Rating: 72
- Tensile Strength: 2500
- Type: 2-Part
- Viscosity Rating: Part A: 45000 to 65000 cPs/Part B: 35000 to 75000 cPs
- VOC Content: 10
- Work Life: 25
When using a Duo-Pak (DP) size adhesive, rely on 3M dispensing equipment for convenient and accurate metering, mixing and dispensing.
Flexible for Higher Peel Strength and Better Vibration Resistance
Our 3M™ Scotch-Weld™ Epoxy Adhesive DP125 is a versatile, medium viscosity, epoxy adhesive that pours easily with minimal dripping, running and migration that will flow smoothly for a controlled, accurate dispensing. Its flexibility makes it ideal for applications involving dissimilar surfaces, where coefficients of thermal expansion are a consideration, for example when bonding glass to metals.
- General attachment applications in a variety of industries
- Replace 5 minute epoxy for improved performance and more positioning time
25 Minute Work Life with Handling Strength in Approximately 150 Minutes
The 1:1 mix ratio for our 3M™ Scotch-Weld™ Epoxy Adhesive DP125 is ideal with bulk mixing and with a 25-minute work life there's some opportunity for repositioning to keep projects on track. The adhesive reaches handling strength in approximately 150 minutes and is fully cured in 7 days (at 72°F/22°C).
Understanding Epoxy Adhesives
Epoxy adhesives are part of the class of adhesives called "structural adhesives," which include polyurethane, acrylic, cyanoacrylate and others. Epoxies are formulated as liquid reactive polymers that undergo a chemical reaction when mixed and then cure to form a solid plastic material. Once the two parts are mixed in their specified ratio, they begin the curing process and offer a limited working time where the adhesive can be applied and the two surfaces positioned as needed. This work life lasts anywhere from a few minutes to several hours. These structural adhesives provide high shear and peel strengths, depending on the formula, and better heat and chemical resistance than other common adhesives. In general, epoxy adhesives have the highest overall strength and offer the best performance and most resistance to high temperatures, solvents and outdoor weathering.
Epoxy adhesive (often referred to as epoxy glue) is widely used in building and home construction; aircraft and automobile manufacturing; bicycle, boat, golf clubs, ski and snowboard assembly as well as a host of home use and other applications. It is used virtually anywhere high-strength bonds are needed along with resistance to environmental conditions. These adhesives are popular for their ease of use, mechanical strength and chemical resistance. Formulations can be created to make epoxy for plastic flexible or epoxy for metal rigid, epoxy resin transparent or opaque, quick setting or slow setting. The versatility with which these adhesives can be formulated helps meet almost any requirement for bonding wood, metal, glass, stone and various plastics.
- Maintains a strong bond under expansion, contraction and limited movement
- Medium viscosity helps minimize running, dripping, or migration
- 25 min worklife with handling strength in approximately 150 min at room temperature
- Flows smoothly for controlled dispensing where needed