3M™ Scotch-Weld™ Instant Adhesive CA50 Gel, Clear, 200 Gram Cartridge, 12/case
- Base Type: Ethyl
- Begins to Harden: 15 min Air/10 min Force
- Brand: Scotch-Weld™
- Color: Clear
- Container Size: 200, 200 g
- Container Type: Cartridge
- Curing Time: 24, 24 hr
- Drying Time: 15 min Air/10 min Force
- Flammability Rating: 2
- Flash Point: 185, 185 deg F
- Form: Gel
- Odor/Scent: Sharp Irritating
- Setting Time: 60 to 120
- Shear Strength: 2000, 2000 psi
- Specific Gravity: 1.05
- Temperature Rating: 72, 72 deg F
- Viscosity Rating: 45000 to 85000, 45000 to 85000 cPs
- VOC Content: =6, =6 g/L
Pinch for a Precise Drop or Squeeze for a Steady Bead
Our 3M™ Scotch-Weld™ Instant Adhesive CA50 Gel is a glue that is easily applied with a thin bond line from a squeeze bottle and cures quickly. This cyanoacrylate adhesive is dispensed from a flexible container; pinch a precise drop or squeeze for a steady bead.
- Gasket attachment
- Small joint assembly
- Jewelry assembly
- Orthopedics and footwear
Creates a Strong, Durable, Long-Lasting Bond
Once applied, our 3M™ Scotch-Weld™ Instant Adhesive CA50 Gel typically reaches handling strength in under 120 seconds, with a full cure achieved in 24 hours. This keeps jobs moving quickly and may help improve workplace productivity. Once a full cure is achieved, the glue achieves a strong, durable and lasting bond, with overlap shear strength over 2,000 psi.
Understanding Instant Adhesives
Instant adhesives are cyanoacrylate based formulas that are strong, fast-acting glues used in industrial and household applications. In general, they are an acrylic resin that rapidly polymerizes in the presence of moisture, forming long, strong chains, joining the bonded surfaces together.
Cyanoacrylate adhesives should be applied thinly, with pressure put on the bond for a few seconds, to ensure that the reaction proceeds rapidly and a strong bond is formed within a reasonable time.
3M instant adhesives apply right from the container and rapidly reach handling strength at room temperature. Commonly referred to as a super glue, a single drop per square inch can bond many plastics, rubbers, metals, wood and more. An instant adhesive from 3M set a Guinness World Record in 2012 for the strongest glue by lifting an 8.1 metric ton forklift in the air for one hour.
Bringing Better Ideas to the Surface through Science and Innovation
In our 3M Industrial Adhesives and Tapes Division, we apply the science of adhesion to deliver innovative solutions that improve the design and manufacturing processes of companies around the world. In the end, our technologies help customers like you deliver competitive products to the market faster and more efficiently.
- Non-sag gel
- Slow cure, bonds difficult surfaces
- Gel has a consistency that allows it to be used in many non-sag vertical applications
- Bonds difficult surfaces
- Its very slow cure rate allows maximum time to reposition parts
- High strength and impact resistance
- Reaches handling strength in under 120 sec
- Gel viscosity adhesive is easily applied from the bottle
- Strong, durable and long lasting bond on a variety of substrates
- OSHA 29 CFR 1910.1200